What do I do if I see an unregistered number alert when responding to Signal messages?
- If you have recently updated your iOS or this is the first time you are messaging this contact, check how their phone number is formatted in your phone. Make sure you have included the country code, area code, and/or mobile code in their phone number.
- If you have successfully messaged this contact before and suddenly see an alert, have your iPhone contact complete the steps listed below.
What can I do if my contact's see my Signal number as unregistered?
- Update to Signal 2.11.4
- Send a message to your contact to let them know it's fixed!
- Re-link Signal Desktop (steps below) if needed.
Steps to relink Signal Desktop
- Open Signal iOS.
- Go to Settings .
- Tap on Linked Devices.
- Tap on Edit.
- Tap on the device to unlink.
- Tap on Unlink.
- Confirm Unlink.
- Tap on Link New Device.
- Complete linking with Signal Desktop.