Android users, see information here. iOS users continue below.
Signal now has video calls! Like all Signal messages and calls, these are private too! Read more on our blog post.
FIRST, update to Signal iOS version 2.7+
SECOND, allow video calling and/or CallKit support
- Open Signal
- View Settings (wheel in the top left corner)
- Choose Advanced
- Tap "Enable Video Calling (Beta)" until the slider is blue
- Decide to keep "Use CallKit" or tap to disable
THIRD, start or open a conversation thread with a contact
FOURTH, message your contact and request they complete the FIRST and SECOND steps listed above
FIFTH, initiate a call and enable video
- Tap the phone icon in the top right corner
- Agree to the camera permission if needed
- Tap on the camera icon on the right to allow the camera from YOUR side of the call