Signal's advanced security and encryption protocol ensure that both "data in motion" and "data at rest" are fully encrypted, as long as you are communicating with another Signal user and both clients are using a passphrase.
Articles in this section
- Does Signal work with WhatsApp or vice versa?
- Does Signal have disappearing messages?
- Does my contact need Signal?
- Is it private? Can I trust it?
- Does your company have access to the message or call?
- Does it protect my messages from snooping?
- How do I verify the person I'm sending messages to is who they say they are?
- Are messages transmitted using AES-256?
- Do I have to use AES-256, or can I use another cipher, like Serpent?
- Is it HIPAA compliant?