Related: Chrome, Browser, Linux, Mac OS X, Chromium, Webstore
What is Signal Desktop?
- It is a simplified client for sending Signal private instant messages using your keyboard.
- All messages sent through Signal Desktop are private and sent over the internet.
- Signal Desktop links with your Android or iOS device.
Why use it?
- You’ll be able to privately message any other Signal user, just as you do from your phone.
- Messages will seamlessly sync between your phone and desktop client.
- No more typing with just your thumbs on your phone when you arrive at home or work. You can comfortably chat using your full desktop or laptop keyboard.
- If you start a conversation on the Desktop and need to move around, just pick up your phone and continue messaging from there.
Who can I message?
- Send and receive Signal private messages to and from other Signal users.
What else should I know?
- Android users, you can not send or receive SMS/MMS from the desktop client.
- Messages will only be sent over the internet.
- All messages are private.
What do I need?
See Next: How to set up Signal Desktop.