We’re happy you're reaching out to us about the issues you’re experiencing. We would love for our messaging and call features to work seamlessly at all times. We take bug reports seriously and appreciate your help in making our applications more stable and usable! If you do experience an issue, please submit a debug log immediately after the issue occurs.
Below are steps to share a debug log from within Signal.
- Go to Signal.
- Choose Settings .
- Choose Advanced.
- Choose Submit Debug Log.
- Choose Email Support.
- Send the email to email@example.com with a description of whats going on.
Below are steps to share a crash report from your iPhone.
- Go to the iOS Settings app.
- Go to Privacy.
- Go to Analytics (on iOS 10.3) or Diagnostics & Usage.
- Select Analytics (on iOS 10.3) or Diagnostics & Usage Data.
- Locate the log for Signal.
The logs will be named in the format: Signal(DateTime)(DeviceName).
- Select the desired Signal log.
- Long press to see the option to highlight text and select the entire text of the log. It will end in EOF.
- Once the text is selected, tap Copy.
- Paste the copied text into an email.
- Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also include a Signal Desktop debug log if this is an issue with Signal Desktop.
Learn how to send a debug log from Android.